[kwlug-disc] KWLUG 2013.09.09 ZFS and btrfs

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sun Sep 15 21:12:21 EDT 2013

Ever tried something running a java app (or Libre/OpenOffice) over VNC,
particularly if not a really fast computer? Not pretty.

Capture card won't work, presenters bringing their own computer ... well
you don't want to be opening up everyone's personal box. (Which would be
particularly challenging with a laptop.)

Is it possible to tee X off over a port?

Remote X session looking at display 0?

Tee the VGA computer to projector cable? (VGA splitter?) [One built in
to the projector itself?] Which could go in to your box with the capture
card?

I have a USB to VGA adapter - if the screens were mirrored, you could
get a feed off it?