[kwlug-disc] Trying out some additional material on past meeting pages...

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Sep 15 16:50:17 EDT 2013

Just a little update:

- I finished embedding the remain videos that have been uploaded to
YouTube. I will see about adding the remainder when I can.
- added the meeting notes for the most recent meetings, back to the
beginning of the year-ish. These aren't too pretty, but I hope to
improve the formatting for future meetings.

Next-ish I will try getting Bob's dents into the ZFS/BTRFS meeting.

Other things that I am thinking about:
- add a block for links to other locations (google+, linkined, mailing
list, twitter, etc.)
- do an SEO review of the site, to make sure that it is findable

And a question: does anyone blog on kwlug.org? I am wondering if it
might make sense to remove the functionality and instead aggregate
members FLOSS related blogs.

Andrew

(P.S.:

 >>> The problem is that this is / becomes YAPU - Yet Another Place to
Update.

Agreed and duplication is bad, and automated as much as possible is best.

But does our own website count as YAPU? I would think it should be the
hub for any meeting, and should link out to related resources? (e.g.,
videos which we don't want to host ourselves or presenters
websites/resources)

)