[kwlug-disc] KWLUG 2013.09.09 ZFS and btrfs
paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Sep 11 11:57:20 EDT 2013
Here is what I started in terms of a presentation information packet.
It still needs work and information. Please help make the document
better. I will try to post a version to the website this week (today?)
- We start the meeting with announcements (10-20min).
- We have a 10-15 min break a little before 8pm. If you have a
full presentation slot, please schedule this break into your
- Please make sure your presentation works at a resolution of
- If you are showing interactive terminal sessions, make sure the
terminal font is large enough -- we recommend [WHAT? 14 point?]
- Unfortunately, the 97 Victoria presentation space has a LOT of
background noise. People need the speaker system in order to hear.
- We have speaker stands, but no clip-on microphones.
- If you want your laptop to transmit sound through the speaker system
please let us know in advance.
We provide the following by default:
- A screen.
- A projector. This projector has VGA input. It handles a resolution
of [WHAT? 1024x768]
- A speaker system and wired microphones.
- Wired or wireless internet (wired is much more reliable). Not all
ports or protocols may work -- if you have doubts, please contact us
and we can schedule a dry run.
We may be able to provide other equipment on request. Please make your
request at least a week before the presentation if possible.
- A DVI to VGA converter.
- A (full-size) HDMI to VGA converter.
- A presentation laptop that can display PDF slides.
- By default, we record KWLUG presentations and livestream them. If
you wish not to be recorded, please let us know (preferably in
- In addition to taping your pretty face, our recording crew likes
transmitting desktop screencasts. To do this they require remote
access to your desktop.
+ On Ubuntu, you can enable "Remote Desktop" or "Desktop Sharing".
+ On other distributions, you can install a VNC server. One popular
choice is tightvnc.
On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 08:31:37PM -0400, Chamunks Arkturus wrote:
> Sorry on the video there was intended to be a VNC connection to the
> presenter's desktop. If someone would be interested in possibly
> volunteering some kind of presenter packet that would be phenomenal.
More information about the kwlug-disc