[kwlug-disc] CAT6 - worthwhile? [Was: Re: Powerline networking - viable?]

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Fri Oct 25 15:31:08 EDT 2013

I didn't do conduit, but after each wall I labouriously fish cable through,
I leave a guide string (which will hopefully stand the test of time).

Discussions of upgrading from 5e to 6 aside, I added a docking station for
my laptop on my desk: Do I buy a desktop switch, or run a second cable
through the wall? Second cable is cheaper, and doesn't have a wall-wart.

Chris Irwin
<chris at chrisirwin.ca>