[kwlug-disc] CAT6 - worthwhile? [Was: Re: Powerline networking - viable?]

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Oct 25 13:52:16 EDT 2013

[Thanks very much John, excellent.]

Re: CAT6

I have always assumed there is no significant (home) benefit to CAT6
over CAT5e, particularly given the additional handling 'difficulties' /
cost, especially as I never expect to have any home equipment better
than 1 gigabit, full duplex even, to connect it to.

Have I assumed incorrectly in terms of benefits?