[kwlug-disc] Kitchener Waterloo Cable ISPs

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Nov 11 10:54:22 EST 2013

Researching what is available on the market after I get rid of the land
line, shows the following options:

1. Distributel, no contract
35/3  mbps unlimited $59.95

2. Start.ca, no contract
35/3  unlimited $59.95
They offer an upload boast to 35/10 with unlimited for $69.95
They also waive the $50 installation fee if you have active cable now

3. Teksavvy
35/3  300GB $49.95
35/3 unlimited $79.95

Acanac
A friend uses them, their service is OK, but require upfront payment for
the whole year, $750. For cable, they bundle VoIP with it for free.

So, the first two options seem the lowest cost with unlimited cap. Teksavvy
is more well known though.

Yes, I called Rogers but they don't want to give away an unlimited option
until I am ready to cancel for real, then perhaps they will do it. So this
has to be done later.

Any other ISPs?
Any experience with the above (good/bad)?
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.