[kwlug-disc] Joining wi-fi's?

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Mon Nov 4 12:57:36 EST 2013

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 1:39 AM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
> If I wanted to expand the geographical coverage area of my wi-fi, how do I
> go about doing that?

Depends what you mean and what you want to do.

> Just acquire a second AP, use an identical SSID, and just get on with my
> day?

I have this.

As John says, the client seems to matter when it comes to the "hand
off".  If I move from zone to zone my devices will eventually switch
to the better AP.  Takes a couple of minutes, I think.  Or I can force
them by turning client wifi off, then on again.

> What are the terms used for this sort of thing / what would my google search
> be?

wifi multi ap

brought up a few items.