[kwlug-disc] Anyone interesting in going a GPG key signing?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sat Nov 2 01:25:39 EDT 2013

Hi everyone: As Andrew suggested, I'd like to have an informal
keysigning at each KWLUG meeting.

On 13-10-06 04:55 PM, Andrew Sullivan Cant wrote[1]:
> So I was figuring on either doing a key signing at a KWLUG event
> periodically, or even just doing it as part of the regular night.

We did this last month. Informal key signings are great for people who
already know each other and want to associate keyIDs with each other.

The informal keysigning consists of exchanging key fingerprints on slips
of paper generated with

  gpg --fingerprint 0xYOURKEYID

(and then copy'n'pasted several times on a page, printed, and cut into
strips)

or you could use

  gpg-key2ps 0xYOURKEYID > fingerprints.ps

(and then print fingerprint.ps and cut into strips)

For people who don't know each other well enough to trust exchanged
slips of paper there's a Formal Keysigning, which we'll be having at the
meeting on 2 December 2013.  Stay tuned here over the next month as I
spam the list with keysigning details.

If you want a bit of an advance on GnuPG/PGP information, the UofW
CSClub is having Hands On Seminar on Public Key Cryptography.  More info
on that meeting is at

http://csclub.uwaterloo.ca/events/MC_3001_%28Comfy%29-2013-11-05-6:00PM

See you all on Monday!

--Bob.