[kwlug-disc] OT: "No I will not fix your computer."

John Kerr johneddie.kerr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 12:17:22 EDT 2013

Hi Rashkae

Having done this kind of work myself I understand the time money involved.
Perhaps you should look at charging not only for your time but also "bench
time" that is the time the computer sits on the bench chugging away while
you wait to do the next step. OK I am sure that you can multitask while
this is going on but still, you can't move on to the next customer while an
old underspected battle axe does its thing.

So would you agree that repairing a Linux computer would be more time
efficient?

Restoring email, browsers and data would be the same effort as in Windows
but at least the applications would be a breeze.

Thank you for stating the real cost of windows.

Best regards

John Kerr