[kwlug-disc] ssh into remote with initial command, and stick!

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed May 22 19:20:16 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 05:15:38PM -0400, unsolicited wrote:

> First problem is, no terminal. Okay, ssh -t solves that.
>
> Various invocations run, sometimes apparently in the background, but
> all die when top is exited (or tail killed with Ctrl-Break or
> Ctrl-C, or ...).
>
> Closest I get to is 'ssh -t me at mine bash -lisc top'. 'ssh -t me at mine
> screen top' does the same thing - q to exit top and session
> finishes.
>
> Suggestions?

Use a screenrc file that opens top in the first terminal and a shell
in the second? Then if you quit to exit top the other terminal session
will remain.

This would be an excellent place to give you an example screenrc,
wouldn't it? Oh well. (If it is still helpful on Friday and I remember
to copy my one from home I can send it to the list. The syntax is not
too bad, however.)

- Paul
--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org