[kwlug-disc] ssh into remote with initial command, and stick!

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed May 22 17:15:38 EDT 2013

So, I'm trying to ssh into a system, initially running [|h|a|io]top, the
session to stay there when top closed. (key with empty passphrase)

- must say, atop, htop, iotop, rather interesting.

First problem is, no terminal. Okay, ssh -t solves that.

Various invocations run, sometimes apparently in the background, but all
die when top is exited (or tail killed with Ctrl-Break or Ctrl-C, or ...).

Closest I get to is 'ssh -t me at mine bash -lisc top'. 'ssh -t me at mine
screen top' does the same thing - q to exit top and session finishes.

Suggestions?