[kwlug-disc] OT: Eyesurf and VoIP

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue May 7 01:54:12 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 11:45:16AM -0400, Joe Wennechuk wrote:

> The losing of the registration was addressed by some keep alive
> values in the phone system, I can't remember if there were configs
> in the voip.ms portal to set. It was a long time ago. But the issue
> never fully went away, and as I stated we ended up going back to
> unlimitel. Also Some of the voip.ms servers were more reliable than
> others, and would drop registration less frequently.

We went through the VoIP.ms support as well, and we tried several of
the things suggested in this thread:

- Twiddling with keepalive values
- Twiddling with re-registration intervals (we set them to two values)
- Changing proxy servers
- Using IP addresses instead of hostnames in our config files

We still drop connections from time to time.

I am testing our connection using an Unlimitel DID. I wish I had a
good way to monitor the connection -- it looks like I have to use a
SIP client in a script that makes a short phone call to the DID in
order to test it (as opposed to using something in the Unlimitel API).

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org