[kwlug-disc] Onion Pi

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Jun 17 17:45:23 EDT 2013

In view of the upcoming presentation on TOR, I thought I'd pass this
along this recipe for mashing together an Onion, Raspberry, and Adafruit
to create an Onion Pi:

http://learn.adafruit.com/onion-pi/

> This is fun weekend project that uses a Raspberry Pi, a USB WiFi
> adapter and Ethernet cable to create a small, low-power and portable
> privacy Pi.

> Who is this good for? If you want to browse anonymously on a netbook,
> tablet, phone, or other mobile or console device that cannot run Tor
> and does not have an Ethernet connection. If you do not want to or
> cannot install Tor on your work laptop or loan computer. If you have
> a guest or friend who wants to use Tor but doesn't have the ability
> or time to run Tor on their computer, this gift will make the first
> step much easier.

--Bob.

(via Glyn Moody http://identi.ca/notice/101317644 )

SOBAC Microcomputer Services              Phone: +1-519-669-0388
6 James Street, Elmira ON Canada  N3B 1L5  Cell: +1-519-635-9413