[kwlug-disc] Version Mismatch Ubuntu 12.04 linux-image-generic

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sat Feb 23 10:44:32 EST 2013

I do this all the time, since I want to be only on LTS releases, whether on
the desktop or the servers.

I use do-release-upgrade exclusively for upgrading Ubuntu, not the apt*
way(s).

In order to restrict do-release-upgrade to LTS releases only, you edit the
file

        /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades

And change the Prompt line to :

        Prompt=lts

This way, I am able to stay with 8.04 for 5 years on servers, then go from
8.04 to 10.04 then from that to 12.04, and hopefully forget about it for 4
more years from now.

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
Fast Reliable Drupal