[kwlug-disc] Version Mismatch Ubuntu 12.04 linux-image-generic

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Feb 20 17:12:20 EST 2013

Try 'apt-get dist-upgrade' so that new packages (like linux headers)
will get installed.  'apt-get upgrade' won't install new packages, even
if they're required for dependencies.

WFIW, I use the following script to perform upgrades on individual
computers. It does upgrade all dependencies and does some cleanup.  It
lives in my /usr/local/bin folder.

===== Start of update.sh =====
#! /bin/bash

# Program: update
# Purpose: Perform 4-step apt-get update, dist-upgrade, autoremove and
autoclean
# Author: Bob Jonkman
# Date: 22 March 2012

echo "Update:"