[kwlug-disc] XML / XSL / XSD/ XSLT 'development' 'environment' / 'gui'?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Mon Dec 9 01:56:17 EST 2013

Have just come across xmlcopyeditor - in the repositories and at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xml-copy-editor/. There is a windows
version too, so this is cross-platform.

This is the first thing I've seen that will let you associate a
stylesheet (.xsl) and schema (.xsd) to the xml. [Adds the stylesheet
line to the .xml, and modifies the .xml to include the schema tags.]

Without the heaviness, for example, of Netbeans. Not that it won't make
use of the schema, merely that xmlcopyeditor injected the lines for me.
(Useful as I had no idea what to put in.)

With the repository version, disappears at load of my .xml (dies a
horrible death).

With the Windows version falls over at call of transform, but due to
file content issues, not app errors.

Worth a look if you're looking for such. Has some value, if only as a
stepping stone or intermediate app within your entire environment.