[kwlug-disc] Something seems to have deleted /proc/net/tcp

Chamunks Arkturus chamunks at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 15:13:35 EDT 2013

I've been getting some failed to bind to port errors when some of my
minecraft server instances die and then try to re-bind to their respective
ports.  The suggested solution in the past was run fuser -n tcp ##### <
Port Number.   Now I run said command and it says:
dentedshield at ns5001870:~$ fuser -n tcp 25512
Cannot open /proc/net/unix: No such file or directory
Cannot open protocol file "/proc/net/tcp": No such file or directory

Any idea how I could fix or prevent this problem?  I can't keep rebooting
the entire box while I dig for an answer.