[kwlug-disc] Any point to a K-W LUG Google+ Community?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Mon Apr 8 10:19:19 EDT 2013

Anybody see any point to a K-W Lug Google+ Community?

I sent out a circle to those of you I found, and there's a surprising
number, but I suspect that isn't what I meant to do. (Apologies. Still
grokking google+ / the google ecosystem.)

By sending out the circle, I expected the recipients could mutually
share the circle of recipients, but I'm guessing what I actually did was
merely give the recipients an opportunity to follow those kwlug'gers I
had found. As individuals.

Moreover, there is nothing to limit the topics from such circle members
to kwlug news / bits - although John's (dive) pictures are really good
viewing! As are many others / posts.

I suspect what I'm thinking of is group kwlug chat on kwlug tidbits.
Which I think is a google+ community, to which 'circle' members
subscribe. kwlug specific bits can be sent, while not limiting senders
to only their kwlug 'circle'. (Google Hangout seems to be the same, is
time/ # members limited, but adds video.) Circle members and newcomers
could also then find everybody in one shot / place.

Hangout seems pointless since the meetings are being videographed,
anyways, but chat (google+ community) could be useful, for example, for
in meeting presentation non-interrupting discussion, or question submission.

If there's interest in this, I'll create a Google+ Page to be the beacon
/ owner of the Community and let the list know. Those interested could
go and join, and/or I could invite those kwluggers I've come across thus
far.

The e-mail lists are 'limited' in their topics ('Linux', 'K-W', etc.,
<sort of>), and that's a good thing. Not sure if a Community should be
similarly limited - I've generally found kwluggers to be 'good' people,
making 'quality' posts. I've almost universally enjoyed their thoughts,
pictures, humour, or good news.

Thoughts? I should create a Community? Posts should be limited (although
there's no way to enforced it)? [Membership can be, but not posts.]

(Or confirmation / corrections of how google+ <stuff> works.)