[kwlug-disc] Monitoring network spikes (redux?)

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sat Sep 22 00:51:47 EDT 2012

I guess I am also assuming you are taking advantage of the bluetack
lists (2) and an ipblock/iplist (1) mechanism suitable to your
environment. i.e. ipblock is suitable for a distro install, but likely
pfsense / ipcop / whatever have their own modules / addins / list
mechanisms.

(1) http://iplist.sourceforge.net/faq.html
(2)
http://blocklistpro.com/guides/biss-ip-blocklists-faq/recommended-lists.html

Won't help you figure out the nature of the craziness, but may help
knock down the amount some. (Smaller haystack?)