[kwlug-disc] feedback request to shape the November topic

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Sat Oct 13 22:32:29 EDT 2012

I use Slackware, but the latest Slackware-14 doesn't recognize my USB
keyboard/mouse.  So, I'm looking for another distro.

I tried Arch (and others).  It gives shell prompt, and then what?

    1.  Why are there different commands to install "grub",
    "/etc/fstab", etc?  If I'm expected to install "grub" package or
    "fstab" packages, then okay, I guess.  But, I have to create
    /etc/fstab by some special command, and that's just too much.

    2.  Is there a package that has all the basic files and directory
    structure?  Or, minimal OS packages?  I really don't feel like
    installing "sendmail", "ssh", and "bash", one-by-one manually.  I
    forget things.

    3.  How do you install X?
--
William