[kwlug-disc] Sub-$100 HDMI monitors/TVs

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 17:30:29 EST 2012

Dear LazyWeb,

Is such a thing possible?  Scouring Black Friday sales, the best it
seemed like I can manage is 21" TVs for $99.99.  18-19" TVs are
regularly around that price.

I'm not all that hung up on size or quality.  What I have in mind is
Raspberry Pi project ideas for which this sort of thing would be
helpful (so a powered USB port would be awesome, but I'm not getting
my hopes up).

I haven't done too much looking at refurbs, etc., but most of those
tend to be VGA, or possibly DVI (which isn't a bad option, but the
cost of the adapter needs to be factored in as well).

Any thoughts?

Darcy.