[kwlug-disc] Presentation needed for December

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Nov 8 14:26:09 EST 2012

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 08:07:09AM -0800, Fernando Duran wrote:

> I can present / be in the panel. Looks like it's the only way for me to go to the meetings he (excuse: date/time not so good for me).

Excellent.

Who else is in? If we get one more participant we would have enough
people to make a nontrivial panel happen. (And if it fit the schedules
of the panellists we could do this in December after all -- I am
pretty sure we could drum up the attendance.)

I know there are several other people on the list who work with open
source and have good insights to share. Don't make me start sending
out individual emails.

> I have worked and continue working on a variety of areas on the server-side of Linux: cloud hosting (vanilla, Amazon's AWS and others), security, web development and general sysadmin). I can share some of my experience on those topics if there's interest. I can discuss shortly for example under what situations Heroku/AWS/Rackspace/colo/whatever is preferable etc, not sure if this is well-known or relevant.

That sounds like a distinct (or a set of distinct) presentations,
which would also be welcome. But I think this panel is more focused
on how you managed to make a living rather than the specific tech you
use in your job (although there is overlap there).

I personally think that a presentation on cloud hosting could be
interesting, but it might be worth seeing whether others would be
interested too.

- Paul