[kwlug-disc] Yahoo / Thunderbird Windows Problem Solved

John Kerr jkerr0102 at rogers.com
Sun Mar 11 21:00:37 EDT 2012

Hi

The problem is Yahoo wide, people all around the world are havbing problems sending mail from Thunderbird  via a  yahoo mail server.

Just changing the SMTP server to gmail will allow people to download from Yahoo (keeping your folders intact) only the outgoing mail would be sent via google.

Another soloution has surfaced and that is to change the background colour of your e-mail to anything but white. Changing it to a pale yellow works.

This problem has happened before, I am ssure that it was at least 10 years ago and the same solution was to change the background colour of the e-mail.

My LInux based thunderbird was not affected, it was just Mary's Windows version.

Cheers

John

Fewer things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example. - Mark Twain
John Eddie Kerr | Guelph, Ontario