[kwlug-disc] Android data backups

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Wed Jul 25 16:45:00 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 12:48:10PM -0400, Paul Nijjar wrote:
> I do not like this trend but I think I get it. There are two
> motivating factors that I see:

There may be reasons, and they have the right to sell such closed
and locked devices, but when the label "Android" is applied, there is
at least a whiff of openness to it.  This is what saddens me, and this
incongruity is a large barrier to my being excited about anything in
the cell phone industry.

In other words, cell phone companies like to flirt with openness,
but so far none has married her.  But the one that does can expect
to enjoy many children, if they don't wait too long. :-)

- Chris