[kwlug-disc] Using mnemonicode for GPG fingerprints

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Jul 6 18:15:13 EDT 2012

Hmm.  I grabbed source from the tree and compiled it last night.  I'm
using a 64-bit version of Ubuntu; could it be a word-size problem?

I see that the translation of the first 8 octets (six mnemonicode
words) are the same.  That's suspiciously close to 64 bits.

I was just reading about the PGP Word List[1] and it seems more robust
against transposition errors between words, since it uses two lists,
alternating between two-syllable and three-syllable words.  I only
realized a couple of weeks ago that mmemonicode and the PGP Word List
aren't the same, nor compatible with each other.

- --Bob.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGP_word_list