[kwlug-disc] Linux Played a Crucial Role in Discovery of Higgs boson

Ryan McGreal ryan at quandyfactory.com
Thu Jul 5 14:30:54 EDT 2012

"I want to mention how Linux (specifically, Scientific Linux and Ubuntu)
had a vital role in the discovery of the new boson at CERN. We use it
every day in our analyses, together with hosts of open software, such as
ROOT, and it plays a major role in the running of our networks of
computers (in the grid etc.) used for the intensive work in our
calculations.

"Yesterday's extremely important discovery has given us new information
about how reality works at a very fundamental level and this is one
physicist throwing Linux some love."

http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2012/07/linux-played-crucial-role-in-discovery.html