[kwlug-disc] OT: Another voip.ms troubleshooting question

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 5 09:09:22 EDT 2012

One other curious Issue I've been having with voip.ms is calling certain 800 numbers.. Specifically
1-888-234-4925 which is mapped locally to
519-650-3342 Copper calls it fine. soft phone mizu calls it fine, but when we run it through the samsung phone system OfficeSrv7100  It just rings and rings.. We also did a wireshark capture with voip ms on a different call. When I call from copper It picks right up, but when I call from voip.ms it rings and rings.. no answer. I can see the call in the voip ms logs. They are telling me that the phone system is not issueing the correct ACK200 signal?? I've attached the pcap.I've tried changing servers from US to Canada and back and forth with the termination, and everything else voip.ms could think of, but because the soft phone works they can't help me with the Samsung issue. The call gets there but doesn't pick up for some reason. Samsung is telling me it's voip.ms..
Some more....

These do work with Mizu soft phone, but not Samsung OfficeServ 7100 ???I can call 800-555-2725 from copper but not sipI can call 877-272-2722 from copper but not sipI can call 800-303-4993 from copper but not sip

there are a few more if you want I could post them.