[kwlug-disc] GNOME Shell slides and notes

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Jan 11 01:05:35 EST 2012

On Tue, 2012-01-10 at 00:11 -0500, Chris Irwin wrote:
> I know there were a few questions that as we were packing up and
> leaving. Unfortunately I had to head straight home, so I missed the
> opportunity to answer at the post-meeting venue. Please post them
> here,
> and I'll do my best to answer what I can.

I was one of those end-of-night questioners...

I've got a dual monitor setup, and am running Gnome3.  The monitor I
have defined to be the "left" behaves as you demonstrated on Monday; the
monitor on the right only ever shows one workspace, even when the
workspace for the left monitor changes.

Ideally I'd like to manage the workspaces on each monitor separately,
but I'll settle for one workspace that spans both monitors (so that I
can change what's displayed on the right).

Any hope for me?

--Bob.