[kwlug-disc] Scripting in Linux and unit.d

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sun Jan 8 23:46:34 EST 2012

And speaking of Android programming, there's a beginner's How-To at the
Android Developers' Meetup this Wednesday, 11 January 2012 at the Misty
Mountain Cafe on Queen St, Kitchener.  From
http://www.meetup.com/KW-Android-Developers/events/41424572/ :

=====

    Many members are new to Android development. This hands-on event
    gives new developers experience applying the following concepts on a
    small working example.

         Activities
         Layouts
         Resources
         Intents
         Shared preferences
         The application manifest

    Please complete the following steps if you plan to work on the
    example code at the event.

         Install Eclipse and the Android SDK and emulator
         Complete the Hello World example
         Bring your laptop

    Also, bring your questions. The experienced members will answer and
    assist as best we can.

    Future Code Lab events will progress to intermediate and advanced
    topics.

=====

The Android Developers' Group is headed up by Norman and Stewart, who
have been seen at the occasional KWLUG meeting...

--Bob.