[kwlug-disc] Scripting in Linux and unit.d

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun Jan 8 15:39:38 EST 2012

Since "Mars" is coming from London, ON, can he start with a 1.5 to 2 hour
overview of Python on a regular KWLUG meeting? That would be really helpful
as a jumpstart for those who can't commit to a regular monthly learning
group ...etc.

For those with Android devices. Did you know that you can do some
programming for it in Python (as well as other scripting languages)?

http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 3:33 AM, Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com> wrote:

> Charles McColm and I were recently bitten by the "We-want-to-be-Python-**programmers"
> bug. On Friday at Ubuntu Hour we met a fellow from London (ON).  Sadly, my
> memory has lost its parity bits and I don't recall his name. Maybe "Mars"
> on the Ubuntu IRC channel? Anyway, he's a professional Python programmer,
> and he said he might be willing to come back to guide some of us newbies
> towards a life of Pythony goodness.  He suggested we start with Mark
> Pilgrim's "Dive Into Python" or Zed A. Shaw's "Learn Python The Hard Way".
>
> Is there interest in learning Python within the ranks of KWLUG?  All we
> need is a project to work on... The KWPUG  group seems to be defunct, but
> we can strike out on our own.
>
> --Bob.
>
> Dive Into Python http://www.diveintopython.net/
> Learn Python The Hard Way http://learnpythonthehardway.**org/<http://learnpythonthehardway.org/>