[kwlug-disc] Scripting in Linux and unit.d

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun Jan 8 15:39:38 EST 2012

Since "Mars" is coming from London, ON, can he start with a 1.5 to 2 hour
overview of Python on a regular KWLUG meeting? That would be really helpful
as a jumpstart for those who can't commit to a regular monthly learning
group ...etc.

For those with Android devices. Did you know that you can do some
programming for it in Python (as well as other scripting languages)?

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 3:33 AM, Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com> wrote:

> Charles McColm and I were recently bitten by the "We-want-to-be-Python-**programmers"
> bug. On Friday at Ubuntu Hour we met a fellow from London (ON).  Sadly, my
> memory has lost its parity bits and I don't recall his name. Maybe "Mars"
> on the Ubuntu IRC channel? Anyway, he's a professional Python programmer,
> and he said he might be willing to come back to guide some of us newbies
> towards a life of Pythony goodness.  He suggested we start with Mark
> Pilgrim's "Dive Into Python" or Zed A. Shaw's "Learn Python The Hard Way".
> Is there interest in learning Python within the ranks of KWLUG?  All we
> need is a project to work on... The KWPUG  group seems to be defunct, but
> we can strike out on our own.
> --Bob.
> Dive Into Python http://www.diveintopython.net/
> Learn Python The Hard Way http://learnpythonthehardway.**org/<http://learnpythonthehardway.org/>