[kwlug-disc] Suggestions requested for high performance music players supporting large music libraries running on a Ubuntu 10.04 system.

Darryl O'Neill ldoneill at golden.net
Sat Feb 25 17:28:41 EST 2012

I have the same problem but at only 17000 tracks.  Haven't found a Linux
Music player that handles it well.
I am using foobar (windows program) but I have not tried to get it
working under wine yet.
It comes up almost immediately then scans for updates in the
background.   It has excellent searching capability,
allows for programmable plugins and extensions.  Multiple people are
using it on different machines to access music on
my DLink DNS-323 NAS.

The NAS also has an ITunes/UPnP media servers but I have not found
anything that works well with them.  Amarok gives permission problems
for me.

Darryl