[kwlug-disc] Hardware Random Number Generators

jvj at golden.net jvj at golden.net
Sat Feb 11 12:30:36 EST 2012

 Though I have never seen one I was told (many years ago) that there was
 an RNG that used the white noise from a vaccuum tube amplifier. Maybe
 the guy who demoed a vaccuum tube guitar amp at KWARTLAB a couple of
 weeks ago could have a side-line product with an RNG. ;-)

 On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 20:49:23 -0500, "L.D. Paniak"
 <ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com> wrote:
 < snip >
> I like the webcam approach.  You can probably do something similar
> with
> an analog TV tuner on an empty channel (aren't they all now?).
 < snip >