[kwlug-disc] OT: Another voip.ms troubleshooting question

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Aug 27 15:18:28 EDT 2012

Cable is broadband, so there are multiple channels on a single cable.
One channel for your plain old Internet, another channel for their
proprietary VOIP, and 500 channels of stuff on the TV to choose from.

P-O-I will eventually get routed to the Toronto interchange, but I
speculate that the 500 channels get provisioned locally (so you end up
with different TV channel assignments in KW than you do in Hamilton).
And I speculate that the proprietary VOIP gets linked the telephone
system at one of the local Bell exchanges.

--Bob.

SOBAC Microcomputer Services              Phone: +1-519-669-0388
6 James Street, Elmira ON Canada  N3B 1L5  Cell: +1-519-635-9413