[kwlug-disc] Software Freedom Day planning

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Aug 3 13:55:18 EDT 2012

Charles McColm will be hosting Ubuntu Hour at the Misty Mountain Cafe at
7:00pm tonight (Friday, 3 August 2012).[1,2]

Charles has helped organize Software Freedom Day[3] in Kitchener for the
past three or four years.  While Ubuntu Hours don't have a formal
agenda, he'll be doing some organizational work for SFD tonight.

KW does not yet have a registered team for SFD, and we've already missed
the registration cutoff date of 22 July[4] for getting SFD-sponsored
swag from SFD itself. Canonical is no longer shipping Ubuntu CDs for
SFD, but I think our local Ubuntu-ca contact[5] may have some.

See you at Ubuntu Hour!

--Bob.

[1] http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/1847/detail/
[2] http://charlesmccolm.com/2012/08/02/ubuntu-hour-friday-august-3-2012/
[3] http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/
[4]
http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/en/blog/194-100-teams-registered-#comment-62
[5] Hi Darcy!

SOBAC Microcomputer Services              Phone: +1-519-669-0388
6 James Street, Elmira ON Canada  N3B 1L5  Cell: +1-519-635-9413