[kwlug-disc] Data Centre Systems Administrator positions available
John Van Ostrand
john at netdirect.ca
Fri Apr 27 18:46:17 EDT 2012
I hope you'll excuse the off-topic post, but like most data centres this one uses lots of Linux systems.
I have an opportunity for 3 to 4 people to fill full-time temporary, but open-ended positions administering systems in a data centre environment. I need to collect resumes for this by end of business Monday April 30th.
The position involves installing and cabling equipment, maintaining pertinent data on the servers, maintaining the data centre to world-class standards and liaising with system vendors on repairs and RMAs.
The position involves 12 hour shifts rotating 24x7 and involves travel within 100km to perform the same duties at other data centres.
Skills and experience needed are:
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent work experience
- General knowledge of Data Centre practices
- Exceptional teamwork, collaborative and organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently under fast paced and at times intense conditions with minimal or no supervision
- Demonstrated ability to take a proactive approach to problem solving with deductive reasoning when faced with new situations
- Good understanding of current fibre optic and copper cabling techniques
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, proven analytical skills based on a global approach to problem solving.
- Ability to liaise effectively with customers and assess their requirements
- Requires heavy lifting and awkward body positions when installing servers, cabling and under floor cable trays
John Van Ostrand
Net Direct Inc.
564 Weber St. N. Unit 12, Waterloo, ON N2L 5C6
Ph: 866-883-1172 x5102
Linux Solutions / IBM Hardware
More information about the kwlug-disc