[kwlug-disc] WIND is in K-W?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Sep 23 00:37:17 EDT 2011

Khalid Baheyeldin wrote, On 09/22/2011 7:52 PM:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 7:36 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca
> <mailto:unsolicited at swiz.ca>> wrote:
>
> No carrier on earth provides voice over WiFi as a supported/advocated
> mechanism for making calls, since it eats revenue from their expensive
> per minute rates.

Didn't say it was carrier provided. I've seen various VOIP mechanisms
fly by on the list - Raul mentioned some, both before, and after,
voip.ms. Perhaps the before was only via on-premise Asterisk.

What I was thinking when I asked that was Skype (as you note), gtalk
(everything else google seems to be already involved!), or Android app.

But I think I take your point - any such flipping or hunting must be
externally managed, such as via asterisk / voip.ms extension setting.