[kwlug-disc] Is there a way that I can https Proxy into my lan's http pages?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Sep 13 17:34:09 EDT 2011

I've done this by carrying a usb key with my favourite stuff.
(e.g. ssh + cygwin1.dll + ssh_config, in a directory, or putty, plus
whatever other useful stuff I can think of that fits.) Means I don't
have to reboot their system.

You could also carry a livecd or a liveusb key - you reboot their
system, but it never touches their hard drive. (And if you partition
your key, and perhaps even if not, you can put this stuff on one side,
and the above stuff on the other.)

I've used this to ssh home then tunnel through it to my systems with
vnc. [Doing some of what John's message suggests, but he says it
better.] e.g. From Conestoga college, library, etc.

If you have a PDA, don't know if there's something in there you might
find useful. e.g. You could ssh home, just not sure you'd want to from
a pda. But could be useful for a quick log in to tail a log file or
see if someone's dropped a file you were waiting for. Tethering?

Particularly helpful has been:

- http://portableapps.com/
- http://www.pendrivelinux.com/