[kwlug-disc] Is there a way that I can https Proxy into my lan's http pages?

Colin K colin at void11.com
Tue Sep 13 15:52:43 EDT 2011

I want to be able to access my home lan from abroad without any special
tools and have more than one web gui that I would like to access but I want
to make sure that I'm not relying on their security only their usefulness.

Currently my servers are mostly exposed to the internet, I would like to put
another step between their non ssl'd nature and the internet.

Would it be at all possible to create a sort of https (ssl'd)  front door to
my lan's http?

Firewall provides https proxy to my internals between the WWW and a remote
client. on the Red Interface
On the Green interface it provides access to port 80 services like a freenas
web front end as well as a oh i dont know Jinzora media streaming web
application.

I may wish to access these things through the web but dont want to configure
ssl on each machine could I just find a way to have access to these through
a username and password only gateway of some kind?

Pardon my sloppy terminology.