[kwlug-disc] Still very new - Ubuntu 11.10 -- java

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Oct 26 23:32:51 EDT 2011

Thanks very much for letting us know Kiwi / keeping us abreast of your
success. Good to hear the displays are working better for you.

In Kubuntu, synaptic is not installed by default, in favour of
kpackagekit. Don't know what the Gnome side does. (Khalid has given
you the command line way.) If you do not currently have synaptic
installed, it may be worth your while to do so - many similar
instructions assume you have synaptic installed. Just remember that
there is synaptic the package manager, and synaptic touchpad drivers -
so you need to have an eye to keep them straight.

Something else that may help you is the gdebi package (iirc)
[Graphical .deb handler.] Not infrequently, and I suspect the same
will be true of sun, a .deb is downloadable (much like a .rpm for
Fedora based distros). With gdebi installed, the package will just get
(graphically) installed automagically, all but hands free. Perhaps
useful to you.