[kwlug-disc] OT: Non-satellite alternatives to Rogers Cable?

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 09:26:10 EDT 2011

It's a bit off topic, but Maria and I are looking to get off our Rogers
Television addiction. I almost never watch television and Maria only watches
a couple of shows on TLN (The Latin Network). We would put up a satellite
dish but our apartment contract states we cannot (they claim it's a
structural thing - but they also have a contract with Rogers and have a
Rogers rep. on site). I'd do the streaming thing but our Teksavvy connection
really seems to be throttled by Bell (we get really bad results on the DSL
test, but a constant download actually runs at about 180 kb/s.).

I've been thinking about just setting up some kind of automatic torrent
thing to go with our XBMC setup. But if there's another solution that
doesn't involve a dish we'd look at it.

Cheers,

Charles