[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 11.10

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 16:35:53 EDT 2011

My experience of Unity isn't particularly tablet-y.  In fact, I keep
the launcher/dock thingy hidden most of the time by turning off the
hotzone in compizconfig settings manager.  I hate docks.

And then I use keyboard shortcuts for navigating around and launching
apps (something you're unlikely to find on a tablet UI).  Unity's
keyboard shortcuts are pretty fantastic, I think.  It makes a bunch of
tools I used to have to install (like Gnome Do, for example)
redundant.

This Power User's Guide likely needs updating for Oneiric, but most of
it is pretty much the same:
http://castrojo.tumblr.com/post/4795149014/the-power-users-guide-to-unity

Darcy.