[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 11.10

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 16 21:51:33 EDT 2011

Oh and by the way.

I received Mageia with my September issue of Linux Magazine, but I haven't been able to install it in a virtual.

I created the qcow2 compressible file and while the logical size is 10 GB, the actual physical size is just a few hundred MB to start with. Mageia reports the disk as a few hundred MB and refuses to install. I receive distros every month with the Magazine and this is the ONLY distro I've found that has a custom partition manager (diskdrake) that missidentifies the size of the virtual.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
Twitter: rarsamx