[kwlug-disc] LinuxMint Debian Edition ALERT!!! Read before updating

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 22:45:03 EST 2011

GNOME 3 has moved to testing on Debian.

This means that when you update LMDE using either the update manager or apt-get, your desktop will be updated to Gnome 3, GDM3, etc

Yesterday before shutting down for the day I did an update. Today after booting up the computer, I got a GDM error. I had to rename the /etc/X11/xorg.conf and restart the computer.

Now, I lost all the Linux Mint beauty, including the Linux Mint menu (Which is one of the main reasons I jumped to Mint).

So, unless you really want to try Gnome 3, hold on the Gnome updates until the Linux Mint team finish adapting it.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
Twitter: rarsamx