[kwlug-disc] Linux Mint

John Kerr jkerr0102 at rogers.com
Fri Nov 11 14:18:51 EST 2011

Oksana has hit the nail on the head:

"'m also finding the Unity interface just gets in the way of doing things.  It
makes me a lot less productive, esp. when I can't remember the exact name
of the "thing" I want to launch to get something done.."

I have the same problem, and I was blaming my age and failing memory.

I understand what Mark Shuttleworth wants to do with this, it is still a good idea for computers and devices made for people with less needs than us more geeky guys & gals.

I want to see Unity on a Ubuntu tablet some day soon. Something that will kick Microsoft in the nuts and still be beyond their patent extortion.

In the meantime, I am mostly using non Unity desktops. LXDE AWN, gnome2

Cheers

John

Fewer things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example. - Mark Twain
John Eddie Kerr | Guelph, Ontario