[kwlug-disc] Begging for presentation offers

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Nov 10 21:33:16 EST 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 07:42:44PM -0500, Darcy Casselman wrote:
> I can take the Unity side of the Gnome Shell vs Unity throw-down. I
> *could* take both sides, but I'm not nearly as familiar with Gnome
> Shell.  I'd probably have to do research and live in it for a while,
> which seems like work.  So if there are any Gnome Shell enthusiasts
> out there, we should talk.

Deal! Could you do January 9?

I figure if the other side doesn't show up then you will (probably?)
win the debate. Then we will all fall in love with Unity and want to
use it all the time. Plus you could make a lot of snide comments about
GNOME Shell that will be unopposed. There are few ways to foster Open
Source goodwill [0] than sparking flamewars. (It worked for Wordpress
vs Drupal, anyways.)

I figure you are most likely to find GNOME Shell enthusiasts amongst
Fedora users, but I could be wrong.

- Paul

[0] Or was that "Free Software goodwill"?

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org