[kwlug-disc] Linux Mint

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Nov 4 21:15:15 EDT 2011

Coincidentally, I just ran into this:

    A funny thing happened last month on Ubuntu release day
    <http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/global/1186/detail/>. Instead of
    upgrading my installation of Ubuntu Studio
    as originally planned I did a crazy thing and returned to the
    welcoming embrace of my very first desktop Linux distribution, Linux
    Mint <http://linuxmint.com/>.

Oksana wrote:
> I'm considering moving away from Ubuntu because I really
> don't like the Unity interface and the panel refuses to move
> to my main monitor...etc.  I'm looking at Linux Mint.  Anyone
> else using this distro regularly?  I'm looking for something to
> use at work.  Is the patching kept up to date, does anyone
> know?
> Thanks!!  Oksana

Bob Jonkman<bjonkman at sobac.com>          http://sobac.com/sobac/
Software   ---   Office&  Business Automation   ---   Consulting