[kwlug-disc] Google in KW?

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Fri May 20 13:38:59 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 12:41 PM, John Johnson <jvj at golden.net> wrote:
> Not quite the answer nuts-and-bolts you are looking for but I talked to a
> candidate for alderman (Kit) in the recent municipal election.
> He told me that he was "in the loop". And that some of the tech companies
> (maybe Google) moved from Wloo to Kit (Tannery et al.) because of the
> services and facilities that Kitchener could offer that Waterloo could not.
> I am not sure exactly what services and facilities he was referring to.
> Railway? Condos? I dunno.

Mostly, I think it's probably because it's a more urban area with
coffee shops and restaurants and things.  Transit and nearby
rental/condo housing probably helps too.  The sort of people they want
to hire and bring to the city generally aren't the sort of people who
want to drive into a suburban office park every day.

Darcy.