[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 11.04 and LAMP :: Problems w/ MySQL access over 'net

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Sat May 14 09:18:07 EDT 2011

> On 2011-05-06 22:11, JohnJ wrote:
>> Update: I now have [ edit ] a Linux box/web server running LAMP at
>> home mapped through my router to the 'net.

< ... snip ... >

> Though LAMP I have MySQL installed.
> MySQL works locally.
> MySQL works through http://localhost/ see below.
> *MySQL does not work through the tubes*.

*MySQL in now working through the tubes*.

< ... snip ... >

> I could crawl through the tubes looking at tuts but I thought I would
> toss this out here.

I have been tinkering making incremental changes but I do not know which
change opened the gates.
I was looking around in:
http://php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-connect.php and reading through
the User Contrbutions.

One change was to php.ini adding 3306 to the following line:

mysql.default_port = 3306

another change was to do the following:

|sudo setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect=1

as recomneded in a post dated 19-Apr-2011

Tx: JohnJ