[kwlug-disc] Grep on Ubuntu 11.04 (aka The Natty Narwhal)

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Sat May 7 01:03:32 EDT 2011

On 2011-05-07 00:04, Darcy Casselman wrote:
> I'm a little confused.
>
> Can you give some input and expected output?
>
> Darcy.
>
> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:32 PM, John Johnson<jvj at golden.net>  wrote:
>> >  What happened to my old friend: grep on Grep on Ubuntu 11.04 (aka The Natty
>> >  Narwhal)?
>> >  Grep on Ubuntu gives me all text matching and not matching - with matches in
>> >  red.
>> >  I could not find a switch that gives me only matching lines.
Using Tim Charron's Win32 port of grep for CMD32.
The first dir/b below returns the filenames of all* files with both
upper and lower case letters in the filenames.
The second dir/b is piped through grep with a regex to that passes only
filenames that have at least one uppercase character.

dir/b<ENTER>

CAN132A.JPG
CAN135B.jpg
CAN137C.JPG