[kwlug-disc] Meeting with (not so new) MPs in KW region.

Russell McOrmond russellmcormond at gmail.com
Thu May 5 11:58:15 EDT 2011

  Incumbent Conservative MPs have been returned in Kitchener -
Conestoga, Kitchener - Waterloo and Kitchener Centre.   Unlike some of
the folks in Quebec where there the bulk of the 108 rookie MPs are
from, your MPs are settled and ready to get down to business.

  This summer we should be meeting with MPs.  Let me know if I can
help from Ottawa, including if I should be trying to make travel
plans/etc for a specific event.

  We shouldn't make assumptions about what might happen when
parliament returns and just wait.   I believe it would be a good guess
to say that a bill will be tabled in the fall and that it will be
based on C-32, but there is no reason to believe it will be identical
or that the Conservatives can't be convinced to table an improved bill
right away.

  I've posted "Advice to a Conservative majority on Copyright"
http://creform.ca/5331 which may be helpful in framing out issues in a
way that may resonate with these MPs.

--
Russell McOrmond, Internet CAdvice to a Conservative majority on
Copyrightonsultant: <http://www.flora.ca/>

 manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
 portable media player from my cold dead hands!"